PROJECT #031: MY FIRST AMIGURUMI (WORKSHOP & KIT)
This weekend I’m teaching my first ever crochet class, where I’ll be using this little birdie design to teach my favorite tips and tricks for making amigurumi easier, faster and neater! The full pattern including tutorials for all the special skills will be available in my shop, for anyone who can’t make it to the class, and you can even get yourself a kit with all the supplies you’ll need from Be Inspired.
WHEN & WHERE?
The workshop will be held on Saturday the 27th of May in Kloof, Durban (South Africa), and there’s still time to book if you’re in the area and looking for something fun to do this weekend! If you’re anywhere else in the world and want to be included, there will be kits available in my shop soon, so keep an eye out for those. If you want to be notified when the kits are available, click here to join the Projectarian group on Facebook where I post all news and updates about projects (it’s also a creative space to discuss and share your Projectarian projects with fellow tribe members)!
IS IT FOR ME?
This workshop is aimed specifically at crocheters who want to try their hand at amigurumi. You’ll learn valuable tips and tricks that will make all your future amigurumi projects faster, easier, neater, and more fun! If you like to sell your crochet work, these techniques will help you create products that are well-constructed and professional looking, as well as saving you time in the production process.
In this class you’ll be making a cute, easy little bird whose difficulty level is within the realm of anyone who already knows basic crochet techniques (all you really need to know is the Single Crochet stitch). I kept the design simple, with the focus on learning helpful techniques without the added obstacle of a complex or difficult design.
Anyone who buys a kit to do the project remotely will have direct access to me via email or Facebook, to answer your questions or help you out if you get stuck.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- How to do a magic ring.
- How to work in the round, AKA, working in a continuous spiral instead of joining at the end of each round which creates a seam. Working in the round produces a perfectly smooth, seamless shape.
- An easy way to mark each round without using any clip-on gadgets, so you can accurately keep track of your rounds and easily count stitches.
- How to change colours seamlessly.
- How to add limbs and other pieces as you go. Having to hand-sew anything onto your softie can really suck the joy out of a project when you’re really just here to crochet, and this class will teach you how to crochet pieces on as you go – no sewing here!
- How to do an invisible decrease to produce perfect, uniform stitches with no holes or bumps.
MAKE A BOOKING:
To book, and find out more about the workshop, click here to visit Be Inspired, the superlovely yarn shop who will be hosting the workshop.
UPDATE: Bookings are now closed, but click here to get yourself a kit!