Apollo the Octopus, like most Projectarian patterns, is a life-sized snuggle buddy! With long, floppy tentacles he naturally poses like a real octopus. He has happy, shining eyes and enough suckers on his tentacles to make you feel like you’ve accomplished something tremendous by the end of this project!
This floppy friend is a large amigurumi with lots of repetitive parts, making him a slow and steady project, similar to crocheting an afghan. This also makes him a therapeutic project to relax and zone out with while travelling in the car, bingeing on your favourite series, or watching the kids’ soccer game.
His suckers are crocheted onto his tentacles as you go and each sucker will leave you with only one thread to weave in. Apollo can be made with or without his suckers, depending on how much time you’d like to spend creating your gigantic new friend.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Pattern prelude, containing all the information you’ll need to prepare for making Apollo, including yarn quantities, tools, skills, and other supplies.
- FULL 40-page PDF pattern with accurate, easy-to-follow instructions.
- Over 230 high quality images included to guide you through every step.
- Helpful notes and tips throughout the pattern.
- Free bonus Booklet: Projectarian’s Pro Tips for Amigurumi (ami & sewing help).
- Free support from a large network of experienced crocheters.
- Quick Pattern Guide
Yarn: Apollo the Octopus is designed with Miss La Motte Merino yarn in double knit (8ply) weight, with thinner yarn for his eyes.
Terminology: US terminology with metric sizes.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Although it is rated intermediate, this pattern contains loads of photos (over 230!) plus extra tips and a bonus section that will teach you all the required skills and techniques. The pattern has been thoroughly tested by the team at Hooked On Sunshine to ensure it’s concise and easy to follow. If you happen to get stuck, you can get help from the massive support group on Facebook.
Delivery: Instant download in PDF format. English only. This listing is for a digital file, not a physical book.
Apollo the Octopus | Crochet Pattern by Projectarian.
This pattern or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the designer. Copyright and intellectual property rights reserved.
Copyright © 2019